A 66-mile hike to raise awareness and funding to honor our fallen military and support the education of children of veteran suicides
Organizer: Chad Lennon, AOV Board Member, Director of the Veterans and Service Members Rights Clinic
Date: August 1-2, 2020
Location: Long Island, New York
What: BFAOV is considering supporting and promoting this event in the following ways:
- Develop and execute a corporate and citizen donation campaign
- Promote initiative as one of the many “Acts of Valor” activities that our board members and advisors do throughout the year to support military recognition and education.
- Use our AOV social media channels and website to promote the activity
Why: BFAOV Objectives:
- Primary – To increase the awareness of the AOV Foundation and the unique activities that support one or more of our 3 Core Value Initiatives.
- Secondary: The event can be used as a fund-raising activity to raise funds for the Scholarship program or another charity
- Other: Promote at Annual Ceremony Event as evidence of our charitable works.
Fund Raising Options
- Website link to unique off-sight PayPal contribution page
- Direct donation on our website using Qgiv*
- Offer Check point sponsorships along the 66 mile hike ($20 a mile, multiple miles can be sponsored)
- Offer a small business sponsorship level for $250 ( businesses along the route)
- Showcase business sponsors on a sign posted at each 5mile check point- poster to Include the Logo of business and names of all individual sponsors
- Chad stops at each Checkpoint to take photos with corporate sponsors for them to use for PR
- Nick to take photos and post in real time on Social Media for Publicity
- Checkpoints will be named after Business Sponsor (Checkpoint MUTT’s )
- Distribute 22 small flags at our Award Ceremony as a tribute to the 22 lives lost each day
Promotion and PR:
- Personal Social Media Groups, friends and co-workers
- AOV Constant Contact Email Marketing Campaign
- AOV Website and link to Qgiv
- Posters for Checkpoints, Police stations, Firehouses, Military Recruiting offices
- Amazon Smile
Shop using Amazon Smile
Shop using Amazon Smile for the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com and the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the Walk4Valor Challenge.